Times have changed. Insurance prospects now look at your website or visit Facebook rather than calling your office.
Although Facebook can be time-consuming and frustrating there are over 16 million users in South Africa.
You can effectively use Facebook to build your credibility, image and generate leads. It can’t be ignored.
Some key tips for brokers when using Facebook:
- Any false claims can easily be proven. Stick to the facts on Facebook.
- Social media is about building relationships, not selling products.
- Be social, approachable and friendly.
- If people engage with you on Facebook, your content will do better.
- Your aim must be to get people to comment, like, share your content.
- Post regularly in order to remain top-of-mind when your prospects are ready to buy insurance.
- Make time every day to ensure you respond to any queries on Facebook.
- Local is lekker. Facebook advertisements allow you to target clients locally.
- The more locally relevant, the better your interactions will be.
- People use Facebook at different times of the day. To catch up with them, so should you.