Times have changed. Insurance prospects now look at your website or visit Facebook rather than calling your office.
Although Facebook can be time-consuming and frustrating there are over 16 million users in South Africa.
You can effectively use Facebook to build your credibility, image and generate leads. It can’t be ignored.
Some key tips for brokers when using Facebook:
- Any false claims can easily be proven. Stick to the facts on Facebook.
- Social media is about building relationships, not selling products.
- Be social, approachable and friendly.
- If people engage with you on Facebook, your content will do better.
- Your aim must be to get people to comment, like, share your content.
- Post regularly in order to remain top-of-mind when your prospects are ready to buy insurance.
- Make time every day to ensure you respond to any queries on Facebook.
- Local is lekker. Facebook advertisements allow you to target clients locally.
- The more locally relevant, the better your interactions will be.
- People use Facebook at different times of the day. To catch up with them, so should you.
Do you want to be informed without slogging through numerous website every day?
Use Google Alerts, a free service from Google, that sends you an email anytime they find a new website with information you are interested in.
Google Alerts only takes a few minutes to set up and any insurance agent can use it to monitor and protect their online reputation and find new sales opportunities.
Use Google Alerts to monitor mentions of:
- Your company name
- Your own name
- Your website
- Your competition
- Local marketing opportunities
- Local insurance related news
How to set up Google Alerts
- Go to http://www.google.com/alerts/
- Sign in if you have a Gmail account.
- Enter the search terms you want the Google Alert to track, separated by commas.
- Choose how often you would like to receive your Google Alerts.
- Choose how many results you want to get.
- Choose where you would like the Google Alerts delivered.
- Click the Create Alert button and finish.
- If someone mentions your name positively thank them on the platform they mentioned it.
- If it’s a negative comment reply and get it sorted out as quickly as you can
There are over 6 million people on LinkedIn in South Africa which you have direct access to.
LinkedIn is a business social network where you can research potential customers and leads.
It’s not a resume like the majority of people think, but a powerful people search engine.
It’s a great opportunity as very few brokers in South Africa use LinkedIn to network and sell.
Key steps to leveraging LinkedIn:
- Optimise your profile
- Build your network
- Position yourself as a thought leader
- Get recommendations from clients that love you!
- Share content from your blog
- Add your LinkedIn profile to your email signature
- ABC – Always be connecting
- Don’t sell through Linkedin, treat it like a social business networking event
- The value of LinkedIn doesn’t come from networking with people you already know as much as from connecting with the people they know.